The 2018 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP is coming to Buffalo!
- The tournament runs from Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2017 through Friday, Jan. 5, 2018.
- 31 games played between 10 teams. 10 teams split into two groups (US, Canada, Denmark, Slovakia, Finland) (Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Belarus).
- The 2018 Tournament is the sixth time that the United States has been selected as the host venue, and the fourth time in the last 21 years. The 2018 games marks the second time Buffalo has hosted the tournament, becoming the only U.S. city to do so.
- By hosting this year’s edition of the tournament, Buffalo (2011 & 2018) joins Montreal & Toronto, Canada (2015 & 2017), Helsinki, Finland (2004 & 2016) and Pardubice, Czech Republic (2002 & 2008), as multiple-time tournament hosts since 2000.
- The official hashtag for the tournament is #WJCinBUF. This will be the primary and official form of communication for tournament information, restaurant availability and promotions, attraction/hotel information and promotions, visitors questions, etc.
- Make sure to visit the official website for the tournament, BuffaloWorldJuniors.com, as well as VisitBuffaloNiagara.com
The Official Visitors’ Guide for the 2018 World Juniors Championship will be available throughout the Western New York area. Pick up your guide at any of the locations below!
The Buffalo News will be publishing a Tournament Preview section from our award-winning sports department running on December 26. Don't forget to grab your copy!