Share this article

print logo
Local News

An early morning fire that started in the garage of a residence Sunday in Newstead caused $25,000 damage, according to Amherst Fire Control. Fire Control received a 911 call at 5:24 a.m. from the occupants of a residence on Stage Road who said there was a fire in their attached garage. When crews from Newstead Fire Company arrived, they encountered heavy smoke coming…

Amherst

A fire that started Thursday inside a laundry room dryer resulted in about $75,000 damage to an Amherst senior citizens complex, according to Amherst Fire Control. At 10:53 a.m., the Amherst Fire Alarm Office dispatched the Snyder Fire Department, which arrived within three minutes to Elderwood Village at Williamsville on Main Street, Amherst Fire Control said. Arriving…

Amherst

A kitchen fire Thursday at a residence on Radcliffe Drive in Amherst caused an estimated $70,000 damage, according to Amherst Fire Control. The Amherst Fire Alarm Office received a call just after 2 p.m. from the homeowner who reported an oven fire inside the house. The Getzville Fire Department was on the scene within two minutes and confronted heavy smoke on the first…

Business

A fire Thursday at a Main Street business in Akron caused an estimated $150,000 in damage, according to Amherst Fire Control. Fire Control received a call shortly before 8 a.m. about smoke coming from the roof and front door of Nickel City Frets at 83 Main St. Upon the arrival of crews from the Akron Fire Department, smoke was visible pouring from the eaves of the bu…

Amherst

A house fire Friday in Amherst caused an estimated $250,000 in damage, according to Amherst Fire Control. The fire at White Pine Court was reported at 12:14 p.m. by a resident to Amherst Fire Control. By the time crews from the Swormville Volunteer Fire Department arrived on the scene, flames were shooting from the roof of the house, according to Amherst Fire Control. …