Share this article

print logo
Bills

The NFL draft, like opening day and the Super Bowl, should be a national holiday. Perhaps three days are too much for the NFL, but we can punt Presidents, Labor and Columbus Day, and I love me some veterans but combine Veterans with Memorial Day, and yes, I know the difference. This is Draft Day, dammit! I hate to even call it "Draft Day" after that awful movie that sho…

Bills

The Bills selected Oklahoma offensive lineman Cody Ford in the second round of the NFL draft on Friday, and Ford was in town Saturday. Ford tweeted Monday that he was thinking about getting a tattoo for his new team. The suggestions quickly followed: Some, however, cautioned that he might want to rethink the idea. https://buffalo…

Bills

Grading NFL drafts a day after they finish is silly. The reality is, the true measure of a team's class can't be taken now, but rather in two or three years when those players have had a chance to adapt to the NFL. Nevertheless, that's not going to stop a flood of national analysts from offering their immediate reactions on the draft classes of all 32 NFL teams. Like…

Bills

Ed Oliver took the odd step of announcing more than a year in advance that he would turn pro following his junior season at the University of Houston. Not long after, he delivered a far more surprising message to his coach. This one merited no public interest, but promised a far greater impact on Oliver’s day-to-day life. "You’ve got an All-American defensive lineman…

Bills

General Manager Brandon Beane, Head Coach Sean McDermott Saturday, April 27, 2019  Q: Can you confirm that Tyree Jackson has agreed to sign with the Bills? Beane: We're still working on it. It's not finalized, but we do have an agreement in place. Get him in here, have to pass a physical and all that stuff. But yes, we're excited to have Tyree [Jackson] if it all works …

Bills

ELLICOTTVILLE – A parent lives for a day like this. “You’re absolutely right,” Greg Dolegala said, 11 different NFL hats stacked in the corner. His wife, Tia, is wearing a white Central Connecticut State jersey, the name Dolegala printed in blue across the back. Her father, Al Bemiller, who won a national title with Syracuse and played on the Bills’ offensive line fo…

Bills

Q: What's the plan going forward? Have you already started talking about if you'll play tackle? A: We've been meeting with the coaches all day. The plan right now is starting off at right tackle. Q: What is the backstory to him saying before the draft that Buffalo was where he wanted to end up? A: One of the local reporters came up to me and he was asking me about the p…

Bills

Here are five things about the Buffalo Bills sixth-round draft pick, Jaquan Johnson, a safety from the University of Miami. 1.Scouting report. His role as a team captain makes him the type of player the Bills like. He is rarely out of position and can hit, despite being 5-foot-10 and 191 pounds. Via NFL.com, "Interchangeable safety with aggressiveness and leadership qua…

Bills

The Buffalo Bills selected former University of Miami safety and special teams standout Jaquan Johnson their sixth-round draft pick Saturday. The 5-foot-10, 191-pound Johnson had a breakout season as a junior when he led the Hurricanes with 96 tackles (including three for loss) while tying for the team lead with four interceptions (returning one for a touchdown) on the …

Bills

Here are five things about Florida linebacker Vosean Joseph, picked by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round. 1 The pronunciation. His first name is pronounced vuh-SHAWN. 2 Top tackler. Totaled 161 tackles, 14 tackles-for-loss, four sacks, eight pass breakups, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery during his career at Florida. He was the Gators' leading tackler la…

Bills

The Bills have made four selections through the first two days of the NFL draft and have four more picks in Rounds 4-7 on Saturday. Here are how some national analysts grade the Bills' picks thus far. Luke Easterling, Draft Wire: Overall grade: A Love what the Bills have done overall thus far. Oliver was the No. 3 overall prospect on my board, so landing him at No. 9…

Bills

The Bills traded back into the third round to select Ole Miss tight end Dawson Knox. Apparently, one thing Knox and his friends knew about the Bills was the table-smashing reputation of its fan base. Knox showed that the Bills Mafia spirit was "already in full effect" when he posted a video of himself jumping through a table. His form needs some work, but he's new…

Bills

Ed Oliver had to repeat the question before answering. "What do I think when I hear I’m Kyle Williams’ replacement?” the Buffalo Bills’ new defensive tackle said Friday. “I think Kyle Williams is a great player. I think Kyle Williams will wear a gold jacket one day. I just want to come in and compete and help the team in any way possible. I don't even think about that. …

Bills

Here are five things to know about the Buffalo Bills' second third-round pick, Dawson Knox from Ole Miss. 1. He’s a wide receiver-turned-quarterback-turned-tight end. Knox joined Ole Miss as a walk-on out of high school power Brentwood Academy in Tennessee. According to the Tennessean, he had dislocated his ankle during his senior year in high school in his first sta…

Bills

Since he became general manager of the Bills, Brandon Beane has made 16 trades that involve draft picks. That includes two that he made Friday night during the 2019 NFL Draft. Here is the rundown of his deals: July 26, 2017: Traded quarterback Cardale Jones to the then-San Diego Chargers in exchange for a 2018 conditional seventh-round pick (later traded to the Carolina…