It'll be a busy few days for local suburban planners, as a variety of new projects will come up for review.
• In Orchard Park, the Planning Board this week will consider a proposal for a 22-lot subdivision, to be located on vacant land on the south side of Jewett-Holmwood Road. The neighborhood, east of Deer Run, is to be called Smokes Creek Farms.
• A week later, on Jan. 20, the Hamburg Town Planning Board will review the proposal by the Broadway Group of Huntsville, Ala., to build a Dollar General store at 6505 Southwestern Blvd.
The $2 million project calls for an 8,960-square-foot building with 30 parking spaces on 1.36 acres, but it has drawn some opposition from neighbors worried about traffic and safety issues.
In Amherst, the Planning Board will review three projects when it meets Jan. 21.
• OurGeneration LLC, a community solar project developer, is seeking approval to develop the Amherst Solar Farm on 15 acres of land at 595 Schoelles Road, with post-mounted panels and other equipment on three locations around the site.
The project, on part of a 21.5-acre property owned by Cimato Enterprises, will produce power for the public electricity grid.
• Essex Homes of WNY wants to develop its Fair Woods Estates subdivision, with 26 lots and 24 single-family homes on 6.9 acres at 775 Heim Road in Amherst, including construction of Fair Woods Drive.
• West Herr Automotive Group plans to construct a 9,900-square-foot one-story addition to the building on 7.78 acres at 2601 Millersport Highway, to be used for a new West Herr Lincoln dealership showroom.
Plans include an accessory lot for 224 vehicles at 2619-2635 Millersport. The current 5,450-square-foot building was approved by the town in 2014 as a vehicle repair and storage facility.
• In West Seneca, Jesse C. Jesonowski’s Jesco Industries is asking the Planning Board this week to approve construction of a 1,066-square-foot laundromat on a vacant parcel at 1450 Ridge Road. The 0.21-acre site is zoned to allow the project, but two zoning variances are still needed.