THE SUNS OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES – HOLIDAY LIGHTS PHOTO CONTEST
- ELIGIBILITY- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The contest is free to enter and open to any New York State resident 18 years of age or older, except employees of The Buffalo News and The Suns, associated sponsors and agencies, their assignees, licensees, and members of their immediate families living in the same household. Contest must be entered online. One winner allowed per household. Offer void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. Like The Orchard Park Sun, The West Seneca Sun or The Lancaster-Depew Sun on Facebook or visit www.buffalonews.com/contest to learn full details. Enter contest by emailing your photo firstname.lastname@example.org. Valid entries will be accepted from Dec. 7 through Dec. 14, limited to one entry per person. Entries should be in JPG/JPEG, PNG, or GIF formats. Animated GIFs are not supported. By entering the contest, the user is giving The Suns’ permission to repost the submission on its social media accounts and in print. Select photos will be posted on Facebook. The winner will be announced on Facebook and emailed. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- ENTRY RULES AND DISCLAIMERS: The Buffalo News, The Suns, associated sponsors, their agencies, their assignees, and licensees are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online, or for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of The Buffalo News/The Suns and will not be returned. In case of dispute as to identity of a winner, such entry will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail account, and if a prize is won, and such registered user is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to such registered user. Contest organizers are not responsible if you are unable to enter online for any reason.
- HOW PRIZES ARE AWARDED: One winner will be chosen at the Sun’s discretion. Winner will receive a pair of tickets to a Sabres game at 7:30 p.m. on January 3, 2018 at Key Bank Center in Buffalo. The winners will be announced on The Suns’ social media accounts and will be privately emailed. Some restrictions may apply. Should any winner be unable to use the prize as awarded, no cash substitution or pass substitutions will be made. Winner will be selected, by most popular vote on Facebook, from all eligible entries submitted. Chances of winning will be determined by the total number of entries received. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or expired certificates. If winner fails to respond within 48 hours of a message notifying them of their selection, they will be disqualified, their prize forfeited, and the selection of a substitute winner from remaining eligible entries. Winner must claim prize at The Buffalo News, One News Plaza located at the corner of Washington & Scott St, downtown Buffalo, NY within five business days of notification and must provide valid photo identification and proof of residence.
- PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: Prizes must be accepted as awarded, no cash equivalents, no substitutions. Contest organizers reserve the right to award a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. Winners agree to allow use of their name, address and photo for publicity without compensation. Contest organizers and sponsors are not responsible for any injury incurred by a contestant as a result of winning or participating. Any taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The decisions of the contest organizers are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and local regulations and is void where restricted or prohibited by law. All taxes, title, registrations, releases and insurance owed in connection with any prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize winners. A prize value of $600 or more a W-9 form must be completed before the prize package can be released. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability after notification of winning and release of prize or an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or suspend this contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s) corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the contest. In such event, the winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination or suspension.
- By entering this contest, you acknowledge that you have read and accept these rules and agree to be bound by them