Share this article

print logo

Nick Veronica

Nick Veronica joined The News in 2013 and began covering the Bills in 2016. He is a Buffalo native and a graduate of Canisius College. You can follow him on Twitter @NickVeronica and on Facebook at fb.com/ByNickVeronica.


Bills

The Bills kick off the preseason at 7 p.m. Thursday with an exhibition against the Carolina Panthers. The Bills' preseason games will be streamed online for the first time ever, while fans in Buffalo can also watch on WKBW-TV, Channel 7. Out-of-town fans can find the game on the following stations: Rochester, WROC; Syracuse, WSYR; Binghamton, WBGH/WIVT; Utica, WPNY/WFXV…

Bills

Bills rookie quarterback Josh Allen has now practiced with the third team for four consecutive days, Mark Gaughan reported. Coach Sean McDermott said that shows the team is sticking with its plan for the quarterback rotation in camp. “Calculated,” McDermott said of the team's approach to Allen's workload. “Like I said before ... I’ve been around two situations in Don…

Bills

The Bills' trade for Cleveland wideout Corey Coleman may not propel their receiving corps into the top half of the league, but the Bills are certainly better because of the move. But one of the best parts of the trade from Buffalo's perspective was the return: The Bills sent a mere 2020 seventh-round draft pick for Coleman, whom the Browns essentially gave away. Bill…

Bills

How nice of a weight room can you buy with $18 million? The Bills are about to find out. "Team owners Terry and Kim Pegula are funding a massive $18 million renovation of the weight room inside the ADPRO Sports Training Center, which Bills officials say will give the team the best such facility in the NFL," Jay Skurski reported Friday. You can view renderings of what…

Bills

The NFL approved a rule change this season that will assess a 15-yard penalty to any player, on offense or defense, who "lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent." It remains to be seen how strictly officials will follow the letter of the law. Bills players had meetings with officials this week about how the new rule will be enfor…

Bills

Through the first week of training camp, reviews on each of the Bills' three quarterback have been mixed. Nathan Peterman, A.J. McCarron and Josh Allen have all appeared to have some good days, but they've had their share of misses, too. Does Bills coach Sean McDermott see it that way as well? McDermott was asked Wednesday if he has seen any separation among his thre…

Bills

Even before he was a Buffalo Bill, Harrison Phillips was drawing comparisons to Kyle Williams. The two defensive tackles look similar, and they play like each other, too. "The first tape I popped on (of Phillips), I said, 'This looks like Kyle Williams coming out of LSU,' " NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah told The News in March. "He reminds me so much of him, the st…

Bills

John Hughes was literally in his house hoping the phone would ring last week when the Buffalo Bills finally called with an invite to training camp. Hughes, the last player added to the Bills' roster before camp opened, shared his story with Jay Skurski. "On Wednesday I found out in I was supposed to be on a plane here in three hours," Hughes said. "The plane ended up…

Bills

The Bills may have a lot of uncertainty along their offensive line, but a strong showing in training camp from right guard John Miller would go a long way toward alleviating some of those concerns. Miller lost his starting job last season to Vlad Ducasse. But with Ducasse now moved to the left side to fill the spot vacated by Richie Incognito, Miller is back with the fi…

Bills

The Bills on Friday announced changes to their ticketing policy: Starting this season, you'll only be able to access your Bills tickets through the My One Buffalo app. "This year all tickets are fully digital and only accessible via your mobile device. Your phone is your ticket," according to an FAQ section on the team site. No paper tickets will be available. You won't…

Bills

Bills running back LeSean McCoy attended the opening day of training camp Thursday and said he feels "very confident" that the assault of his ex-girlfriend at a home he owns will not impact his availability for the 2018 season. McCoy had a long talk with coach Sean McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane on Wednesday. "We're moving forward; we're ready to roll, as t…

Bills

Congratulations, Bills fans. You made it. Training camp opens today, which means which means you survived yet another NFL offseason. All eyes will likely be on the quarterbacks during training camp, but there are several other position battles that will be entertaining to watch. Vic Carucci broke down every positional battle here. He listed six of them to watch: Quar…

Bills

Today is Wednesday, which means Bills training camp starts tomorrow. Mark Gaughan caught you up on all 90 players who were invited and also handicapped the quarterback battle in the process. He gives A.J. McCarron a 50 percent chance to start Week 1, Nathan Peterman 40 percent, and rookie Josh Allen just 10 percent. "Fans at camp will ooh-ahh at his arm; 10 percent s…

Bills

No prospect in the 2018 NFL Draft garnered a wider discrepancy of evaluations than Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen, whom the Bills traded up to select seventh overall. "They get the best QB in the draft," Pete Prisco of CBS Sports wrote at the time, while NFL Network's Mike Mayock called him a "project" and Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders said he'd rather have Tyrod T…

Bills

The wait is almost over. The Buffalo Bills will play actual football this week, opening training camp Thursday at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford. Camp runs through Aug. 15, with 12 practices open to the public (full schedule here). Remember that six practices require special tickets. The Bills' first preseason game is Thursday, Aug. 9 against the Panthers. …