Share this article

print logo

Falls man indicted on child pornography charges

A federal grand jury Thursday returned a 16-count indictment against a Niagara Falls man, charging him with 15 counts of child pornography and one count of possession of child pornography, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Prosecutors said 34-year-old Jonathon R. Cassett faces a minimum penalty of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years in prison if he is convicted on the charges.

According to the indictment and a previously filed criminal complaint, prosecutors said, in November 2019 the Niagara Falls Police Department received information that Cassett's cellphone contained images and videos of child pornography.

A subsequent investigation determined that Cassett used his cellphone to produce child pornography involving a minor victim on 15 different occasions between 2017 and 2019, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

Cassett was arraigned Thursday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeremiah J. McCarthy and was detained.

Story topics: / /

There are no comments - be the first to comment