Seventy-four local organizations on the front lines of the Covid-19 pandemic will share $4.5 million in grant funding, according to the WNY Covid-19 Community Response Fund.
The fund – a collaboration of philanthropic organizations in the region – announced the grants.
It is coordinated by the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, Health Foundation for Western & Central New York, the John R. Oishei Foundation and United Way of Buffalo & Erie County.
In a statement, the fund noted that it performed its mission in less than two weeks.
The grants were awarded to organizations that serve all eight counties of Western New York and are addressing the immediate needs of communities resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic. Such needs include food, housing, health care, child care, mental health, transportation and other emergency services.
The organizations that have been awarded grants by the WNY Covid-19 Community Response Fund include nonprofit groups of varying sizes that serve a range of populations in urban and rural areas of Western New York.
The grants are aimed at helping essential local organizations on the front lines of the pandemic and are designed to complement public sector funds.
Those seeking to join or donate to the fund may do so through its website – www.WNYResponds.org.
The following are nonprofit organizations that received a grant from the WNY Covid-19 Community Response Fund.
• Allegany County Community Opportunities and Rural Development
• Arc of Genesee Orleans (Meals on Wheels)
• BestSelf Behavioral Health
• Boys & Girls Clubs Collaborative
• Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network
• Buffalo Urban League
• CAO of Western New York
• Cattaraugus and Wyoming Counties Project Head Start
• Cattaraugus Community Action
• Cattaraugus County Department of Aging (Meals on Wheels Fund)
• Cazenovia Recovery Systems
• CCNY Inc.
• Child & Family Services of Erie County
• Child Care Coalition of the Niagara Frontier
• Christ Church Community Kitchen
• City Mission Society, Inc.
• Community Action of Orleans & Genesee
• Community Health Center of Buffalo
• Community Missions of Niagara Frontier
• CoNECT (Community Health Worker Network of Buffalo)
• Crisis Services
• Cuba Cultural Center
• Directions in Independent Living
• Empower (United Cerebral Palsy Association of Niagara County)
• Erie Regional Housing Development Corp. (Belle Center)
• Evergreen Health
• Every Bottom Covered
• Family Help Center
• Feed Buffalo
• FeedMore WNY
• Friends of Night People
• Genesee Orleans Ministry of Concern Inc.
• Harvest House of South Buffalo
• Health Association of Niagara County Inc. (HANCI)
• Healthy Community Alliance
• Heart Love & Soul
• Hearts and Hands: Faith in Action Inc.
• Horizon Health Services
• Jericho Road Community Health Center
• Jewish Family Service of Buffalo & Erie County
• Journey's End Refugee Services
• Kendall Community Food Cupboard Corp.
• Learning Disabilities Association of WNY
• Life Impact (Resurrection Life Food Pantry)
• Lt. Col. Matt Urban Human Services Center of Western New York
• Metro Community Development Corp.
• Mid-Erie Mental Health Services (Endeavor Health Services)
• Native American Community Services
• Neighborhood Health Center
• Niagara Community Action Program Inc.
• Northpointe Council
• NYS Network for Youth Success
• Olmsted Center for Sight
• Open Buffalo (Seeding Resilience Initiative)
• Parkside Evangelical Lutheran Church
• PUSH Buffalo
• Restoration Society
• Safety-Net Association of Primary Care Affiliated Providers
• Save the Michaels of the World
• Say Yes Buffalo
• Spectrum Health and Human Services
• The Dale Association
• The Rural Outreach Center
• The Salvation Army - Olean Corps.
• The Salvation Army (Erie County)
• The Salvation Army (Niagara County)
• Valley Community Association
• Western New York Independent Living
• Westminster Economic Development Initiative
• YMCA Buffalo Niagara
• YMCA of the Twin Tiers
• Youth Mentoring Services
• YWCA Niagara Frontier
• YWCA Western New York