While many local businesses have been forced to close and sideline workers in response to the coronavirus pandemic, others in the community are still open and expanding their hiring during the crisis.
Many of the businesses still hiring are in the food production, storage, retail and delivery realm – including supermarket chains such as Wegmans, Tops Markets and Dash's Markets, producers such as General Mills and O-at-ka Milk Products, and Instacart, a grocery delivery service.
Health and human service entities, such as Erie County Medical Center and OLV Human Services, are also hiring.
The list, provided to Erie County by employers, is not comprehensive and is subject to change, but includes companies and web sites that have career and application information available:
• Amazon: https://www.indeed.com/q-Amazon-l-Buffalo-NY-jobs.html
• ARC of Erie County: www.arceriecounty.org
• Catholic Health: https://jobs.chsbuffalo.org
• Community Services For Every1: www.csevery1.com
• CVS: https://jobs.cvshealth.com
•Dash's Market: https://www.dashsmarket.com
• Erie County Medical Center: www.ecmc.edu/careers
• HiOperator: https://www.indeedjobs.com/hioperator-417bd07/jobs
• Instacart: https://shoppers.instacart.com
• Kaleida Health: https://www.kaleidahealth.org/careers
• O-at-ka Milk Products: https://oatkamilk.com/careers
• OLV Human Services: https://www.olvhumanservices.org/careers
• SERVPRO Southtowns: https://www.servprothesouthtowns.com/careers
• Steuben Foods: http://www.steubenfoods.com/job-openings
• Suburban Adult Services: https://www.sasinc.org/Careers
• Tops Markets: https://www.topsmarkets.com/Careers
• Upstate Niagara Cooperative: https://www.upstateniagara.com/careers
• Walmart: https://careers.walmart.com
• Wegmans: www.jobs.wegmans.com