We are asking readers to help choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday night.
Here are the candidates:
• Shay Ciezki, St. Mary’s, basketball — Sophomore is averaging 20.3 points, 5.8 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 4.4 steals for third-ranked large school in WNY. Had 28 points and 10 assists in win against No. 4 Sacred Heart, and scored 17 in the first half to give Lancers the lead against No. 2 Williamsville South before leaving game with ankle injury.
• Melissa Large, Tonawanda, bowling — Rolled perfect 300 game and earned medalist honors with six-game score of 1,409 pins (234.8 average) at Section VI Championship. Qualified for second straight state tournament.
• Makayla Pasierb, Dunkirk, bowling — Threw perfect 300 game to help defending state champions repeat as Section VI Division II champions. Placed second in individual scoring with 1,402 pins (233.7 average).
• Jayda Smith, Emerson, basketball — Averaged 25.3 points in 2-1 week highlighted by scoring 38 in Eagles’ first win against Canisius Cup rival Olmsted in three seasons.
• Logan Streety, Iroquois, basketball — Averaging 20.4 points and 13.2 rebounds for area’s No. 1-ranked small school. Scored career-high 36 points in senior night win against Depew.
Note: Due to high volume of votes, updated results do not display in real time.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week