Share this article

print logo

No charges to be filed in Niagara Falls bus blockade

No charges have been filed in the blockade of a Niagara Falls school bus by three carloads of adults Jan. 28, and the case is considered closed, Niagara Falls Police Superintendent Thomas J. Licata said.

"I don't think anybody came forward and wanted to press charges," Licata said.

According to School Superintendent Mark R. Laurrie, who reviewed video from a bus security camera, a preschool pupil from 79th Street School fell asleep on the ride home Jan. 27 and was awakened by a bus aide and led off the bus.

But the child's older siblings allegedly told their parents the preschooler had been "dragged" off the bus, a scenario Laurrie said was not supported by the video.

The parents removed their kids the next afternoon after they and friends surrounded the bus with their cars.

The family's bus privileges were revoked. Laurrie said they won't be restored without the consent of Niagara Falls Coach Lines and the Teamsters Union, which represents the company's drivers and aides.

Niagara Falls police investigate as parents blockade school bus

There are no comments - be the first to comment