We are asking readers to help choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday night.
Here are the candidates:
• Peyton Anderson, Lockport, bowling — Sophomore rolled perfect 300 game during 715 series at Bowl-O-Drome to help Lions win match against previously unbeaten Niagara Falls.
• Max Kruglov, Canisius, swimming — Won All-Catholic titles with state qualifying times in 200 individual medley (1:58.22 seconds) and 100 backstroke (53.43). Also helped Crusaders win 400 free and 200 IM relays at Monsignor Martin championships.
• Ryan Stencel, Lancaster, wrestling — Won his fourth straight Section VI Class AA title at 182 pounds with three pinfall victories and became Legends’ all-time wins leader with 194 heading into state qualifier meet, where he is a two-time defending champion.
• Kevion Taylor, City Honors, basketball — Reached 1,000-point milestone on senior night by scoring 30 with 13 rebounds in victory against Emerson.
• Jaemon Turner, Niagara Falls, basketball — Surpassed 1,000 career points averaging 24 in Niagara Frontier League victories against Kenmore West and Lockport.
Note: Due to high volume of votes, updated results do not display in real time.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week