We are asking readers to help choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to email@example.com by Sunday night.
Here are the candidates:
• Sarah D’Angelo, Clarence, bowling — Rolled 721 series with high game of 258 in match against Williamsville North. Leading Section VI with 218 average for unbeaten Red Devils.
• Dylan Gorski, Iroquois, hockey — Sophomore goaltender made 57 saves in three victories to lead Lancaster/Iroquois/Depew team to WNYGVIHF regular season title. Enters playoffs on 140-minute shutout streak wiht league-leading .958 save percentage.
• Camri King, Lockport, basketball — Averaged 15 points and 8.5 rebounds in wins against CSAT and Lew-Port that moved Lions into tie for first place in Niagara Frontier League.
• Madison Mallone, Starpoint, hockey —Eighth-grader scored two goals to help Niagara County defeat Frontier/Lake Shore/Orchard Park for first regulation victory in second-year program’s history.
• Claire Pikett, Holland, basketball — Sophomore recorded quadruple-double with 20 points, 17 rebounds, 11 steals and 10 blocks in win against Tonawanda. Followed up with 22 points and 16 rebounds in win against Alden.
Note: Due to high volume of votes, updated results do not display in real time.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week