We are asking readers to help choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to email@example.com by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
• Emily Blake, Orchard Park, swimming — Sophomore won 200-yard individual medley at Section VI Class A championships with season-best state-qualifying time of 2 minutes, 8.11 seconds. Also helped Quakers win 200 and 400 freestyle relays and broke Sweet Home pool record in 200 IM during prelims.
• Jenna Blair, Frontier, gymnastics — Junior won all-around title at Section VI championships with four-event score of 37.450, taking the title on the beam (9.550) and vault (9.375) events and finishing second on floor (9.325) and bars (9.200).
• Lauren Bogner, Hamburg, soccer — Scored two goals in 3-0 victory against North Tonawanda as Bulldogs won Class A-1 final for first Section VI title in 27 years.
• Marie Rhodes, St. Mary’s, volleyball — Named tournament MVP after leading Lancers to ninth straight Monsignor Martin championship with 14 kills in final.
• Erin Tesluk, Buffalo Seminary, swimming — Won the 200 medley relay and 100 freestyle races and anchored two-second place relays for All-Catholic team champions, receiving Natalie Lewis Award as most outstanding swimmer.
Note: Due to high volume of votes, updated results do not display in real time.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week