Throughout the 2019 season, The Buffalo News will track the performances of players from Western New York and local colleges who are currently in the NFL. Here are their results in Week 7:
• Browns C J.C. Tretter: The Akron product was on a bye with the Browns. Tretter has started and taken every offensive snap for Cleveland during a 2-4 start to the season.
• Titans P Brett Kern: The Grand Island native punted just twice in a 23-20 win over the Los Angeles Chargers. Those two punts went for 84 yards, a net average of 42.0 yards. Both of Kern's punts were placed inside the Chargers' 20-yard line. His long punt was 50 yards.
• Bengals QB Jake Dolegala: The Hamburg native and St. Francis High School graduate was active for the Bengals for the first time in his career, but he did not play in a 27-17 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars.
• Falcons RB Qadree Ollison: The Niagara Falls native and Canisius High School graduate has been inactive for each of the Falcons’ seven games, including a 37-10 home loss to the Los Angeles Rams in Week 7.
Local college players
• Bears DE Khalil Mack (University at Buffalo): The No. 5 overall pick in the 2014 draft, Mack had eight tackles and one quarterback hit in the Bears' 36-25 loss to the New Orleans Saints. He took 66 defensive snaps (85%) and two on special teams (6%).
• Panthers TE Chris Manhertz (Canisius): A former basketball player at Canisius, Manhertz and the Panthers were on a bye in Week 7. Manhertz has played 124 offensive snaps for the Panthers so far this season, 31% of the team's total. Primarily a blocker, he has not recorded any statistics.
Notes: Ryan Hunter, a Canisius High School graduate, was released by the Kansas City Chiefs ahead of their Week 6 game against Houston. Hunter, an offensive guard, was re-signed to the Chiefs' practice squad. ... Lockport native David Fluellen, a running back for the Tennessee Titans, was placed on injured reserve by the team ahead of its Week 5 loss to the Bills with a knee injury. ... Buffalo native and former UB defensive end Steven Means is on the Atlanta Falcons’ injured reserve because of an Achilles injury. … Former UB cornerback Cam Lewis is a member of the Buffalo Bills’ practice squad. … Former UB receiver Anthony Johnson is a member of the Los Angeles Chargers’ practice squad. … Former UB tight end Mason Schreck is on the Bengals' practice squad ... Jamestown native Stephen Carlson is a tight end on the Cleveland Browns’ practice squad. … Former St. Joe’s quarterback Chad Kelly is on the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad.
Story topics: Anthony Johnson/ Brett Kern/ Cam Lewis/ Chad Kelly/ Chris Manhertz/ David Fluellen/ J.C. Tretter/ Jake Dolegala/ Khalil Mack/ Mason Schreck/ Qadree Ollison/ Ryan Hunter/ Stephen Carlson/ Steven Means