Share this article

print logo

Former Timon and UB linebacker Demone Harris signs with Ravens

Former Bishop Timon and University at Buffalo linebacker Demone Harris has signed with the Baltimore Ravens's practice squad. Harris announced his signing on Instagram.

Harris could possibly move to the active roster as the Ravens deal with a torn triceps injury to Pernell McPhee suffered Sunday. McPhee is likely going to miss the rest of the season.

Harris worked out for the Ravens last week after he was released from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' practice squad.

Harris was on the Buccaneers' active roster for the first four games of the season and played against the New York Giants in Week 3. He was waived Oct. 5 and then signed to the practice squad Oct. 7 and then released last week.

He split last season between the Bucs' practice squad and the active roster and appeared in two games late in the season.

It's been a crazy few weeks for Harris, including proposing to his girlfriend after misplacing the ring, as he outlines on Instagram.

View this post on Instagram

*MUST READ* It’s last week Monday. I arrived home from a long flight from London with the Bucs. Going to have my bye and I had been planning a proposal with my now fiancé for weeks. Got the perfect ring and I had the perfect plan to do it. I fly from Orlando to Buffalo to go back home since that airport has better deals than Tampa and it’s only an hour away. So on Tuesday morning at 3am, I drive to Orlando and I board a plane to fly back to Buffalo at 6am and plan to propose on Friday. Land in Buffalo at 9:00am. At about 11:30am ADVERSITY comes knocking and I get a call from Tampa saying that I was going to be released that day. Although I was not given any reason I held my composure and put my faith in God. Literally in a matter of hours I got a call from the Ravens saying that they want to fly me out that Tuesday night for a Wednesday workout. So my future fiancé hurries and repacks my little bag that I brought home for the week and almost sees the rings because it was in my suit jacket hung up in the closet. I get to Baltimore already exhausted. My body was still on London time (5 hours ahead) and I had been cramped on a plane for nearly 10 hours just about a day before. I barely slept that Tuesday night in Baltimore, woke up Wednesday to do physicals in the AM , and then a workout in the afternoon. Although the Ravens told me I had a good workout I felt that I didn’t put my best foot forward because I barely got any sleep the night before. So that Wednesday night I couldn’t go back to the Ravens team hotel because the Ravens weren’t going to sign me that Wednesday and I didn’t know if they were going to sign me at all. I got dropped off at the airport Wednesday night to go back to Buffalo and go through my bag only to realize that THE RING IS MISSING. The most expensive thing that I have ever bought in life is GONE. So with 1 hour and 15 minutes left till my flight to Buffalo I quickly took an Uber back to the Ravens team hotel and searched all over the room I was staying at. COULDN’T FIND IT. I was then told when I got back to the airport that I would have to fly back to Baltimore to file a police report in person. Check out my story for the rest.

A post shared by Demone Harris (@mone_harris) on

Story topics: / / / /

There are no comments - be the first to comment