Throughout the 2019 season, The Buffalo News will track the performances of players from Western New York and local colleges who are currently in the NFL. Here are their results in Week 6:
• Browns C J.C. Tretter: The Akron product started and took all 69 offensive snaps for Cleveland in a 32-28 loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Tretter, who is in his third season with the Browns, has not missed a start during his time in Cleveland.
• Titans P Brett Kern: The Grand Island native had what might have been the best game of his NFL career, punting nine times for 424 yards in a 16-0 loss to the Denver Broncos. Amazingly, Kern placed eight of those punts inside the Broncos' 20-yard line. He had a long punt of 61 yards and averaged a stellar 41.8-yard net average. That's after the Titans' punt coverage allowed a 42-yard return.
• Bengals QB Jake Dolegala: The Hamburg native and St. Francis High School graduate was inactive for the Bengals in a 23-17 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Dolegala has yet to dress for a game this season as the third quarterback.
• Falcons RB Qadree Ollison: The Niagara Falls native and Canisius High School graduate has been inactive for each of the Falcons’ six games, including a 34-33 loss to the Arizona Cardinals in Week 6.
Local college players
• Bears DE Khalil Mack (University at Buffalo): The No. 5 overall pick in the 2014 draft, Mack and the Bears were on their bye week. For the season, Mack has 15 tackles, 4.5 sacks and four forced fumbles.
• Panthers TE Chris Manhertz (Canisius): A former basketball player at Canisius, Manhertz played 36 offensive snaps (55%) in a 37-26 win over the Buccaneers in a game played in London. He also played nine snaps on special teams (22%). He did not record any statistics.
Notes: Ryan Hunter, a Canisius High School graduate, was released by the Kansas City Chiefs ahead of their Week 6 game against Houston. Hunter, an offensive guard, was re-signed to the Cheifs' practice sqaud. ... Demone Harris, a Bishop Timon and University at Buffalo graduate, was released from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' 53-man roster prior to Week 5. Harris then signed to the Bucs' practice squad. ... Lockport native David Fluellen, a running back for the Tennessee Titans, was placed on injured reserve by the team ahead of its Week 5 loss to the Bills with a knee injury. ... Buffalo native and former UB defensive end Steven Means is on the Atlanta Falcons’ injured reserve because of an Achilles injury. … Former UB cornerback Cam Lewis is a member of the Buffalo Bills’ practice squad. … Former UB receiver Anthony Johnson is a member of the Los Angeles Chargers’ practice squad. … Former UB tight end Mason Schreck is on the Bengals' practice squad ... Jamestown native Stephen Carlson is a tight end on the Cleveland Browns’ practice squad. … Former St. Joe’s quarterback Chad Kelly is on the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad.