We are asking readers to help choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
• Zac Boyes, Kenmore West, football — Broke a 50-year-old school record by passing for 424 yards in a 54-28 win over Niagara Wheatfield. Threw for four touchdowns and ran for another score.
• Tra’e Hill, Pioneer, football — Rushed for 290 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries and returned kickoff 74 yards for a touchdown in 41-14 defeat of Lake Shore.
• Andy Loomis, Williamsville South, soccer — Had a goal and three assists in two ECIC II victories, raising season totals to 22 goals and 14 assists.
• Ronan McDonald, Randolph, cross-country — Won Southern Tier Classic race with a time of 15 minutes, 47 seconds on the St. Bonaventure University course.
• Giovanni Schifano, Eden, soccer — Played a part in all four Raiders goals in two ECIC IV victories, scoring three times and assisting on winner against division leader Lackawanna.
Note: Due to high volume of votes, real-time results might not display accurately.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week