It was a rough day for Tennessee Titans kicker Cairos Santos.
His four missed field goals (three misses and a block) without a make was only the second time a kicker has missed at least four field goals without making at least one against the Buffalo Bills in the NFL era.
Santos was wide left from 50, wide right from 36, short from 33 on a field goal that was tipped and missed a 53-yard attempt with 6:35 left.
Delanie Walker on Santos: "I feel bad for him, but I'm pretty sure they pay him a lot of money to make those kicks." #Titans
— Jon Burton (@JonBurton32) October 6, 2019
The most recent kicker to miss four goals without a make against the Bills before Sunday was a familiar name: Dan Carpenter.
Carpenter, then with the Miami Dolphins, went 0-for-4 in a 17-14 Bills victory on Dec. 19, 2010. Carpenter played from 2013 to 2016 with the Bills.
The New York Jets' Jim Turner made one of six attempts in a 1970 game the Bills won, 34-31.
In the AFL days:
- Roy Gerela went 0-for-4 on Oct. 5, 1969, in Houston's 28-14 win
- Roger LeClerc went 0-for-5 for Denver in a 17-16 loss on Oct. 8, 1967
- Gino Cappelletti of the Boston Patriots made three of seven attempts on Sept. 24, 1967, in a 23-0 Boston win
- George Blanda of the Oilers made one and missed four in a 22-12 Oilers loss on Oct. 8, 1961
- John Spikes of the Dallas Texans in Nov. 6, 1960 made one and missed four in a 45-28 Dallas win