Here are the top performers from Week 5 in high school football:
- Zac Boyes completed 20-of-29 passes for a Kenmore West record 424 yards, with four touchdowns, and he also rushed for a score for the Blue Devils in a 54-28 win over Niagara Wheatfield. In the same game Ken West’s Eddie Vona caught 10 passes for 171 yards and a touchown.
- Tyler Baker rushed eight times for 141 yards and three touchdowns and passed for 170 yards and two scores for Canisius in a 41-20 win over Erie (Pa.).
- Mykell Hepburn completed 12-of-19 passes for 228 yards and five touchdowns for South Park in a 48-8 win over Starpoint.
- Tra’e Hill rushed 17 times for 290 yards and two touchdowns and returned a kick 74 yards for a TD for Pioneer in a 41-14 win over Lake Shore.
- Gino Fontanarosa rushed for 226 yards and four touchdowns for Lewiston-Porter in a 43-22 win over East Aurora/Holland.
- JaQwan Manuel carried 24 times for 212 yards and three touchdowns, made three tackles and also recovered a fumble for St. Mary’s in a 28-6 win at Cardinal O’Hara.
- Zion Paige scored on touchdown receptions of 28, 29 and 37 yards and also returned a punt 41 yards for a touchdown in leading Niagara Falls to a 43-19 win over Frontier.
- Aaron Smith passed for 224 yards and four touchdowns and rushed for two TDs to lead Cheektowaga to a 44-31 comeback win over Grand Island.
- Anthony McCarley rushed 15 times for 155 yards and a touchdown and also caught a TD to lead Amherst past Sweet Home 26-16.
- Devare Mathis rushed for 146 yards and ran for touchdowns of 15, 3 and 18 yards, caught a 54-yard score and returned an interception 65 yards for a TD during West Seneca East’s 42-20 win over Kenmore East.
- Isaiah Simmons led West Seneca West offensively with 173 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-7 win over North Tonawanda.
- Jake Ritts completed 15-of-28 passes for 254 yards and a touchdown in leading St. Francis to a 27-21 win over St. Joe’s. In the same game, St. Joe’s Callum Wither completed 20-of-36 passes for 286 yards with two touchdowns.
How the News’ ranked teams fared
1 St. Francis (4-1): defeated St. Joe’s 27-21. Next: at Dover (Ohio), 7 p.m. Friday.
2 South Park (5-0): defeated Starpoint 48-8. Next: Hutch-Tech, 1 p.m. Saturday.
3 Orchard Park (5-0): defeated Hutch-Tech, 35-6. Next: at Lancaster, 7 p.m. Friday.
4 Lancaster (4-1): defeated Bennett 27-22. Next: Orchard Park, 7 p.m. Friday.
5t Jamestown (4-1): defeated Lockport xx-x. Next: at Niagara Falls , 2 p.m. Saturday.
5t St. Joe’s (2-3): defeated by St. Francis, 27-21. Next: at Erie (Pa.), 7 p.m. Friday
7 Kenmore West (4-1): lost to McKinley, 38-6; defeated Niagara Wheatfield 54-28. Next: at Hamburg, 7 p.m. Friday.
8 Canisius (2-3): defeated Erie (Pa.), 41-20. Next: Cathedral Prep (Pa.), 1 p.m. Saturday.
9 McKinley (5-0): defeated Ken West, 38-6; defeated Hamburg, 34-20. Next: at Williamsville East, 7 p.m. Friday.
10 Bennett (2-3): defeated by Lancaster, 27-22. Next: at Frontier, 7 p.m. Friday.
1 Southwestern (5-0): defeated Lackawanna, 47-0. Next: at Gowanda/PV, 7 p.m. Friday.
2 Albion (5-0): defeated Olean, 49-26. Next: at Amherst, 2 p.m. Saturday.
3 WNY Maritime/Health Sciences (4-1): defeated Medina, 38-12. Next: at Maryvale, 7 p.m. Friday.
4 Wilson (5-0): defeated Cleveland Hill, 25-6. Next: at Silver Creek, 7 p.m. Friday.
5 Cheektowaga (4-1): defeated Grand Island 44-31. Next: Lake Shore, 7 p.m. Friday.
6 Franklinville/Ellicottville (5-0): defeated V-Bolivar-Richburg, 46-0. Next: at Catt./Little Valley, 7 p.m. Friday.
7 Pioneer (4-1): defeated Lake Shore, 41-14. Next: East Aurora/Holland, 7 p.m. Friday.
8 CSP (4-1): defeated Salamanca, 40-0. Next: Cleveland Hill, 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
9 Akron (3-2): defeated by JFK, 22-0. Next: Medina, 7 p.m. Friday.
10 Iroquois (3-1): defeated Alden, 35-0. Next: Dunkirk, 7 p.m. Friday.