Throughout the 2019 season, The Buffalo News will track the performances of players from Western New York and local colleges who are currently in the NFL. Here are their results in Week 4:
• Browns C J.C. Tretter: The Akron product started and took all 69 offensive snaps for Cleveland in a 40-25 win over the Baltimore Ravens. Tretter, who is in his third season with the Browns, has not missed a start during his time in Cleveland.
• Titans P Brett Kern: The Grand Island native punted five times for 255 yards in a 24-10 win over Atlanta. Kern averaged 45.0 gross yards and 44.6 net yards as Tennessee allowed just 2 yards on one punt return. Even more impressive, all five of Kern's punts pinned the Falcons inside their 20-yard line. He had a long punt of 53 yards.
• Titans RB David Fluellen: The Lockport native played 16 snaps on special teams (70%) against the Falcons. He did not record any statistics.
• Bengals QB Jake Dolegala: The Hamburg native and St. Francis High School graduate was inactive for the Bengals in a 27-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football. Dolegala has yet to dress for a game this season as the Bengals' third quarterback.
• Falcons RB Qadree Ollison: The Niagara Falls native and Canisius High School graduate has been inactive for each of the Falcons’ four games, including the loss to Tennessee in Week 4.
• Buccaneers LB Demone Harris: The Timon and University at Buffalo graduate was inactive for the third time in four weeks for the Bucs in a wild 55-40 victory over the Los Angeles Rams.
• Chiefs G Ryan Hunter: The Canisius product played seven snaps on special teams (21%) in a 34-30 victory over the Detroit Lions.
Local college players
• Bears DE Khalil Mack (University at Buffalo): The No. 5 overall pick in the 2014 draft, Mack had two tackles, 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble in Chicago's 16-6 victory over Minnesota. Mack played 50 defensive snaps (81%) in the win.
• Panthers TE Chris Manhertz (Canisius): A former basketball player at Canisius, Manhertz started, but played just 10 offensive snaps (15%) in a 16-10 win over Houston before leaving the game with a concussion. He also played four snaps on special teams (16%). He did not record any statistics.
Notes: Buffalo native and former UB defensive end Steven Means is on the Atlanta Falcons’ injured reserve because of an Achilles injury. … Former UB cornerback Cam Lewis is a member of the Buffalo Bills’ practice squad. … Former UB receiver Anthony Johnson is a member of the Los Angeles Chargers’ practice squad. … Former UB tight end Mason Schreck is on the Bengals' practice squad ... Jamestown native Stephen Carlson is a tight end on the Cleveland Browns’ practice squad. … Former St. Joe’s quarterback Chad Kelly is on the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad.
Story topics: Anthony Johnson/ Brett Kern/ Cam Lewis/ Chad Kelly/ Chris Manhertz/ David Fluellen/ Demone Harris/ J.C. Tretter/ Jake Dolegala/ Khalil Mack/ Mason Schreck/ Qadree Ollison/ Ryan Hunter/ Stephen Carlson/ Steven Means