The Lockport Board of Education voted Wednesday to delete the photographs of suspended students from the list of images to be programmed into the district's facial recognition security system.
In June, concerns about student privacy led the State Education Department to bar Lockport from turning the system on, even for a test.
The photos in the system would be those of Level 2 and 3 sex offenders, staff members who are suspended or on administrative leave, anyone previously barred from district property by the district or a court and "anyone believed to pose a threat based on credible information presented to the district."
The policy says that threat must be referred to the district by law enforcement.
The system would send an alert to administrators and police if one of the 300 digital cameras Lockport installed last year detects a banned person.
"We are still working with the State Education Department on moving forward with the initial implementation phase of the system," Superintendent Michelle T. Bradley said.