A Tonawanda trucking and logistics company has expanded with significant additional space in Grand Island.
Productive Transportation, based at 530 Grand Island Blvd., leased an additional 27,000 square feet of warehouse space at 331 Lang Blvd. on Grand Island. That will give it an opportunity to grow "in a market that has limited warehouse space available to lease," according to Tudor Collins Commercial Real Estate, the property's listing agent.
The site was acquired just over a year ago by Collins Marine owner Bob Copelin and Jena Copelin Marrone, with an 80% vacancy rate at the time. That's now down to just 25%, because of the "active market for leasing warehouse and flex space," Tudor Collins said.
Tudor Collins also helped Hong Kong-based Qima lease 10,000 square feet of office and lab space at 352 Sonwil Drive in the Airport International Centre in Cheektowaga. That brings the office and industrial park close to full occupancy, the brokerage noted.
Qima is a quality-control and compliance company that provides supplier audits, lab testing and product inspections, with 2,600 employees worldwide. "This location will suit our needs for years to come," said Karolyn Helda, managing director for Qima's Buffalo office.
In other recent leases, all handled at least partially by Tudor Collins:
- Plata Import Decor, which imports ergonomic furniture, leased a 14,100-square-foot warehouse at 250 Cooper Ave. in Tonawanda from Uniland Development Co.
- Mainlining America, which does pipeline rehab work, leased an 11,100-square-foot freestanding facility at 67 Beacon St. in South Buffalo.
- Great Lakes Coffee Roasters leased 9,000 square feet from Tru Commercial at 84 Aero Drive in Cheektowaga to consolidate multiple locations into a larger warehouse and distribution center.
- Online pet supply company iPetspro.com leased more than 5,500 square feet at 78 Benbro Drive in Cheektowaga for a showroom and distribution center.
- C&T Design, a full-service foodservice design and equipment supply company, opened its Buffalo branch in 3,700 square feet of leased space in a warehouse at 786 Terrace Blvd. in Depew. The local office, led by branch manager Kevin Craig, will serve the Great Lakes Region, including Buffalo to Albany, western New England and western Pennsylvania.
- Hudson Trucking leased 3,000 square feet from Tru Commercial, also at 84 Aero Drive in Cheektowaga, for its expansion into Western New York as a dry goods, paper products and produce shipper.
- Magnetic-stripe card producer ICS Cards leased 3,000 square feet at 6420 Inducon Drive in Sanborn.