We are giving readers the opportunity to choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
• Olivia Anderson, Chautauqua Lake, softball — Pitched a complete-game one-hitter in 3-0 win over Southwestern that clinched CCAA West I division title for the Thunderbirds.
• Gwyneth Goldowski, Frontier, track and field — Won three events (long jump, 100 and 400 meters) at Western New York Girls Track & Field Classic.
• Abby Graber, Nardin, track and field — Won the 1,500 and 3,000 meter races to lead Nardin to third consecutive All-Catholic team championship.
• Emily Mogavero, Olmsted, tennis — Won Buffalo Public Schools city championship with 6-1 victory over City Honors’ Madeline Wienmann at McMillan courts.
• Kaitlyn Morris, West Seneca West, lacrosse — Tallied five goals and two assists in win over North Tonawanda, raising school-record season point total to 107.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week