Buffalo's seen at least 28 homicides so far this year.
The victims include 27 individuals killed in 2019 and a 2018 death that was ruled a homicide in early May.
Among the dead are a 12-year-old, a 15-year-old, a 16-year-old and two 17-year-olds.
Through this point last year, the city saw 41 people killed.
Homicides – by definition – are the killing of one person by another person. Under the law, not every homicide is a crime.
On this page, The Buffalo News tracks deaths in Buffalo in which authorities have found the victim was killed by another person. The Buffalo Police Department's official homicide list, which it no longer publishes online and which may at times differ from The News' list, contains deaths the department classifies as criminal homicides.
Buffalo's homicide victims in 2019
- Frank Navaroli III, 27
- Darryal A. Aughtry, 30
- Gary Redd, 32
- Deron Allen, 17
- Jasmine Harrison, 31
- Marquino Green, 38
- Badraldeen "Badr" Elwaseem, 12
- William Cone, 78
- Deqwaun Newkirk, 31
- Joseph Sullivan, 50
- Michael Moffit, 64
- Terrance Long, 59
- Percy L. Scott, 49
- Carlos A. Perez-Torres, 44
- Hasan Jefferson, 21
- Anthony L. Douglas III, 16
- Jermaine Williams, 25
- Joshua Jalovick, 27
- Gabriel I. Texidor, 23
- Paul Humphrey, 17
- Jacquetta L. Lee, 25
- Brendan Benjamin, 21
- Christopher Clarke, 29
- Jaron Fomby, 24
- Melissa Kazmierczak, 52
- Tyshawn Burts, 15
- Alina Vega-Oviedo, 57
- Alethia Atwood Williams, 52
Michael Moffit was found dead in a Delaware Avenue apartment on July 31, 2018, according to Buffalo police. His death was ruled a homicide by the Erie County Medical Examiner's Office on May 2. He died of strangulation and blunt impact injuries, police said.
- Buffalo man whose mother was found dead in closet has ties to third death (Aug. 21, 2019)
- Woman killed on city's East Side called 'beautiful soul' (Aug. 7, 2019)
- With shootings at 9-year low, Buffalo making strides against gun violence (July 26, 2019)
- Four days, three dead – Buffalo's deadliest stretch of the year (July 2, 2019)
- Buffalo man arraigned on murder charge (May 20, 2019)
- 'Someone grabbed my soul,' mother says of boy with big dreams gone (April 14, 2019)
- Police seek even 'smallest piece' of info on killing of Buffalo boy (April 10, 2019)
- 12-year-old killed by stray bullet remembered as inquisitive student (April 8, 2019)
- Police arrest man in fatal North Buffalo shooting, say it was not 'random' (March 29, 2019)
- Groove Lounge shut down again after fatal weekend shooting (March 26, 2019)
- Buffalo's first homicide victim of 2019 died after throwing downtown party (Feb. 19, 2019)
- A deadly year in Buffalo as killings surge in 2018 (Feb. 4, 2019)
- Special Report: Buffalo's Danger Zone (June 9, 2017)