Share this article

print logo

Firefighters find house ablaze in Akron; Red Cross assisting two residents

A house fire Sunday in Akron was showing through the roof and consuming an entire side of the structure by the time firefighters arrived, according to Amherst Fire Control.

The blaze started in the chimney of a residence at 8032 Kathryn Drive on Sunday and spread to the rest of the house. A resident reported the fire at about 12:30 p.m.

No injuries were reported. Two adults, who had evacuated the structure before fire crews arrived, were being assisted by the Red Cross, the dispatcher said.

Damage was estimated at $45,000 to the structure and $30,000 to the contents.

Akron, Newstead and Clarence Center fire companies responded to the fire, which was put under control within 20 minutes, the dispatcher said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment