Share this article

print logo

Fire forces Elmwood's India Gate to shut for repairs

Longtime Elmwood Avenue Indian restaurant India Gate has been closed for repairs after a Feb. 11 fire.

The 11 a.m. blaze was confined to the kitchen of the restaurant at 1116 Elmwood Ave., said owner Jaspal Bath. “The hood system worked properly,” he said.

Repairs will begin shortly, with the goal of reopening the restaurant on Feb. 18 or 19, Bath said. “Hopefully we will be back up and running Monday or Tuesday,” he said.

The dining room was unaffected by the fire, he said, making the task of getting the restaurant back in service easier.

The Elmwood restaurant has been serving the Buffalo State College community and Elmwood Village regulars since 2000.

Send restaurant tips to agalarneau@buffnews.com and follow @BuffaloFood on Instagram and Twitter.

Story topics: / /

There are no comments - be the first to comment