We are giving readers the opportunity to choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
- Samantha Batchev, Mount Mercy, bowling — Named MVP in helping Magic win first All-Catholic championship.
- Jenna Cavalieri, Williamsville, hockey — Scored winning goal in overtime of NYSPHAA championship game. Had two goals and an assist in state semifinal.
- Tashawni Cornfield, Lake Shore, basketball — Set Eagles’ all-time scoring mark on senior night, finishing the week with 1,263 career points.
- Sarah Tully, East Aurora, basketball — Had 28 points and 14 rebounds in win over Depew while reaching 1,000-point milestone.
- Kyra Wood, City Honors, basketball — Sophomore averaged 36 points in three victories to surpass 1,000 career points.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week