We are giving readers the opportunity to choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
- Michael Catanzaro, Williamsville North, wrestling — Sophomore was named Most Outstanding Wrestler at Section VI Division I state qualifier after winning 126-pound title as third seed.
- Ben Chamberland, Clarence, bowling — Rolled perfect 300 game as part of 756 series in final home match at Clarence Lanes.
- Ben Pinkowski, St. Francis, track and field — Broke school record in long jump with mark of 22 feet, three inches at CHSAA Intersectional meet.
- Josh Stegner, Orchard Park, swimming — Freshman won two individual events (200 and 500 freestyle) and helped 400 free relay team to victory at ECIC Class A championships, earning Swimmer of the Meet honor.
- Dominik Thomas, St. Francis, wrestling — Claimed third straight State Catholic High School championship at 182 pounds and earned Most Outstanding Wrestler award.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week