Here is how some area banks are dealing with the severe weather on Thursday:
• All Key branches in the city of Buffalo are closed, as well as some branches in the Southtowns, down to Dunkirk. Customers can find more information at key.com
• All M&T Bank branches in Erie and Niagara counties are closed. Some branches in neighboring counties have delayed openings or are closed, but most are open for business. Customers can call 1-800-724-2440 or go to locations.mtb.com for details.
• Seven Northwest Bank branches are closed today: 5751 South Park Ave., Hamburg; 3858 North Buffalo Road, Orchard Park; 3488 Amelia Drive in Orchard Park; 1055 Union Road, West Seneca; 1248 Abbott Road in Lackawanna; 2070 George Urban Boulevard in Depew; and 3517 Union Road in Cheektowaga.
Four other branches will close at 1 p.m.: Jefferson Avenue, Ellicott Square, the Rand Building and Connecticut Street.
And two others will close at 3 p.m.: 690 Kenmore Ave. in Buffalo, and 2981 Delaware Ave. in Kenmore.
• Ten Evans Bank branches are closed: North Buffalo, Elmwood Village, Lafayette Square, Hamburg, Evans, Derby, North Boston, West Seneca, Lancaster and Forestville.
• Citizens Bank closed 41 branches in the Buffalo area today.
• Bank on Buffalo's Orchard Park branch is closed.
• Bank of America's branches in Erie and Niagara counties are closed.
•Most Lake Shore Savings Bank branches in Erie County are closed today. Its East Amherst branch is open, and its Snyder branch was scheduled to open at noon.