We are giving readers the opportunity to choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to email@example.com by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
- Brooke Becker, Orchard Park, hockey — Tallied a goal and two assists in two victories to help FLOP clinch No. 1 seed in Section VI tournament and become 10th player and second defenseman in Federation history to record 100 points.
- Aleigha Gray, Niagara Falls, bowling — Won Niagara Frontier League championship with 627 total pins (209 average) at Rapids Bowling Center.
- Mandy Hill, Royalton-Hartland, swimming — Set Niagara-Orleans League record in the 500 freestyle (5:29.22), won 200 individual medley race and participated in two relay victories (400 free, 200 medley) at N-O championship meet.
- Kylie Schnars, Panama, basketball — Had 25 points and 10 rebounds for No. 1 ranked small school in win over No. 7 large school Frontier.
- Cortinea Smith, Hutch-Tech, basketball — Recorded a triple-double (25 points, 12 assists, 14 rebounds) in overtime win against CSAT. Averaging 23.6 points on the season.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week