- David Adams, Lockport, bowling — Eighth-grader rolled perfect 300 game and placed second with 672 total pins in Niagara Frontier League singles championships at Rapids Bowling Center.
- Billy Coughlin, West Seneca West, hockey — Had four goals and three assists in two victories, including overtime winner against rival West Seneca East and hat trick vs. Amherst.
- Chris Kaszynski, Kenmore West, track and field — Set school record and high mark in Section VI this season by pole vaulting 13 feet, six inches during invitational at RIT.
- Jake Mullen, Amherst, basketball — Averaged 15.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 5.0 assists in three victories, helping the Tigers extend their winning streak to 11 games.
- Ezra Webster, East Aurora, swimming — Sophomore took first in the 100 and 200 freestyle races and anchored two winning relays (400 free, 200 medley) as Blue Devils became first team to win all 11 events at ECIC A championships.
We are giving readers the opportunity to choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to email@example.com by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week