We are giving readers the opportunity to choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week, sponsored by Sgroi Financial.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Each Athlete of the Week winner will be eligible for the Athlete of the Year poll conducted in the spring.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to email@example.com by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
• Mason Goodridge, Springville-Griffith, basketball — Averaged 33.5 points and became program’s all-time leading scorer during 41-point outing against Lackawanna.
• Ben Harper, Kenmore East, swimming — Broke 40-year-old Niagara Frontier League record in 50 freestyle (21.18 seconds) and pool record in 100 free (:47.50) at Lockport, both state-qualifying times.
• Jake Minnick, Lockport, diving — Defending Section VI champion repeated as winner of Lockport Invitational with total of 498.20 for 11 dives.
• Charlie Morris, East Aurora, swimming — Set school record in 100 breaststroke with state-qualifying time of 59.47 seconds as Blue Devils won 50th straight ECIC III title with 10-0 record.
• Ethan Yotter, Kenmore West, hockey — Federation points leader (32) scored hat trick in win over Williamsville East to become third player in team history with 100 career points.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week