Share this article

print logo

Frank Lloyd Wright's Barton House restoration completed

The $2 million restoration of the 1903 George Barton House, on the grounds of the Martin House Complex, has been completed.

The house was the first of six interconnected structures built by Frank Lloyd Wright on the Jewett Parkway grounds in North Buffalo, and is the final building on the estate to be restored.

Cosmetic restoration and mechanical upgrades took one year, and were based on research and plans produced by HHL Architects.

Restored architectural elements include replaced stucco eaves, masonry and chimney repairs, repair and replacement of original plaster, refinishing of all interior woodwork and built-in cabinetry, and the rewiring and repair of original light fixtures.

Funding was provided by New York State as part of the Buffalo Billion II economic incentive program.

 

There are no comments - be the first to comment