Share this article

print logo

Unattended stove sparks fire in Niagara Falls duplex

Niagara Falls fire investigators believe that a stove which was accidentally left turned on was the cause of a fire just after midnight Sunday in a duplex at 1658-60 South Avenue.

No one was injured in the blaze, which was reported at 12:10 a.m. A resident told investigators she noticed a reddish glow beneath her bedroom door and opened the door to discover her residence afire. She was able to exit the home safely with her two pit bulls. Another resident rescued four puppies from the residence before escaping safely.

Police said that half of the duplex has been vacant for the past two weeks. No damage estimate was available.

There are no comments - be the first to comment