How they fared
1 West Seneca West (5-0): defeated Jamestown 40-14. Up next: vs. Niagara Wheatfield, Fri., 7 p.m.
2 Lancaster (4-1): lost to Bennett 42-35. Up next: vs. Niagara Falls, Fri., 7:30 p.m.
3 South Park (4-1): lost to West Seneca East 15-6. Up next: at Starpoint, Fri., 7 p.m.
4 West Seneca East (5-0): defeated South Park 15-6. Up next: vs WNY Maritime/Health Sciences, Fri., 7 p.m.
5 Bennett (4-1): Defeated Lancaster 42-35. Up next: vs Orchard Park, Fri., 7:30 p.m.
6 Orchard Park (4-1): Lost to Williamsville North 35-13. Up next: at Bennett, Fri., 7:30 p.m.
7 Canisius (2-3): Defeated St. Joe’s 34-28. Up next: at Erie (Pa.), Sat., 7 p.m.
8 Starpoint (4-1): Defeated Williamsville South 62-33. Up next: vs. South Park, Fri., 7 p.m.
9 St. Francis (2-3) Lost to Cathedral Prep (Pa.), 37-14. Up next: At St. Joe’s, Sat., 1 p.m.
10 Williamsville North (3-2): defeated Orchard Park 35-13. Up next: at Lockport, Sat., 2 p.m.
1 Pioneer (5-0): Defeated Lew-Port 63-7. Up next: vs. Lake Shore, Fri., 7 p.m.
2 Albion (5-0): Defeated Springville 28-14. Up next: vs. Iroquois, Fri., 7 p.m.
3 Southwestern (5-0): Defeated Olean 50-20. Up next: vs Chatauqua Lake/Westfield, Fri., 7 p.m.
4 Cheektowaga (4-1): Defeated Lackawanna, 33-0. Up next: at Lew-Port, Fri., 7 p.m.
5 Maryvale (4-1): Defeated Lake Shore 62-0. Up next: at East Aurora/Holland, Fri., 7 p.m.
6 Dunkirk (5-0): Defeated Hamburg 36-6. up next: vs. Burgard, Fri., 7:30 p.m.
7 Cleveland Hill (4-1): Defeated Silver Creek/Forestville 30-0. Up next: vs Akron, Sat., 2 p.m.
8 Fredonia/Brockton (5-0): Defeated Burgard 22-6. Up next: vs Tonawanda, Fri., 7 p.m.
9 CSP (5-0): Defeated Depew 33-6. Up next: vs Maple Grove, Sat., 2 p.m.
10 Olean (3-2): Lost to Southwestern 50-20. Up next: at Salamanca, Fri., 7 p.m.
- Cam Sionko of Grand Island completed 21 of 25 passes for 281 yards and two touchdowns and also rushed for a score during the Vikings' win over Williamsville East.
- Alex Card set Southwestern single-game records for receiving yards (222) and touchdowns (four) during the Trojans’ 50-20 win over Olean.
- In the same game, Cole Snyder set a Southwestern program record for passing yards in a game with 340 and finished with five TD throws.
- LeMorris Jones rushed 14 times for 203 yards and two touchdowns for WNY Maritime/Health Sciences, which earned its first win as a program, 42-22, over Medina.
- Brayden Dunlap rushed 23 times for 206 yards and two touchdowns for Wilson in a 35-14 win over JFK.
- Aaron Wahler rushed 13 times for 171 yards and three touchdowns for Cleveland Hill in a 30-0 win over Silver Creek/Forestville.
- John Speyer rushed for 179 yards and a touchdown for West Seneca West in a 40-14 win over Jamestown.
- Jason Martin caught four passes for 62 yards and two touchdowns, including the go-ahead score with seven seconds left for Canisius in a 34-28 win over St. Joe’s.
- In the same game, Micah Brown rushed 16 times for 79 yards and three touchdowns for St. Joe’s.
- Shaun Dolac had a fine all-around game for West Seneca East, rushing for 105 yards and a touchdown, a two-point conversion, passing for 30 yards and making 16 tackles during a 15-6 win over host South Park.
- Nick Rinker set the Pioneer record for passing touchdowns in a game (four) during the Panthers’ 63-7 win over Lewiston-Porter.
- Rashad Law rushed or 78 yards and a TD, returned a punt 37 yards for a touchdown, had 38 yards receiving and made 10 tackles on defense for Maryvale in a 62-0 win over Lake Shore.
- Quantavis Kleckley rushed 17 times for 120 yards and a TD for Dunkirk in a 36-6 win over Hamburg.
On the web
At buffalonews.com, read coverage of West Seneca East’s win over South Park, as well as West Seneca West’s win over Jamestown and Canisius’ win over St. Joe’s.
Also, in case you missed it, check out the Football Friday feature on the St. Joe’s-Canisius rivalry, the recap of Bennett’s win over state No. 1 Lancaster, and Rachel Lenzi’s story on Frank Previte IV’s Lew-Port football family having his back as he grieves the loss of his mother.
- All High Stadium will be the site of another huge Class AA contest as Bennett hosts Orchard Park at 7:30 p.m. Friday. Also Friday, old friends meet as Amherst hosts Williamsville South in the Battle of Main Street at 7.