New this year, we are giving readers the opportunity to choose our Buffalo News Prep Talk Athletes of the Week.
To nominate an athlete, send your suggestions to email@example.com by Sunday night.
Here are this week's candidates:
- Mary Brinker, East Aurora, swimming — Set Blue Devils record in the 100 freestyle with time of 54.21 seconds.
- Quinn DeCicco, Amherst, soccer — Became Tigers’ all-time leading scorer hit 75-goal milestone with hat trick in win over Pioneer. Has 13 goals in eight games this season.
- Megan McLaughlin, East Aurora, cross-country — Freshman won her school’s invitational meet with a three-mile time of 17:48.15, more than 45 seconds faster than second-place finisher.
- Shae O’Rourke, St. Mary’s, soccer — Freshman scored 13 goals with two assists in Lancers’ four wins bringing her total up to 17 goals and nine assists on the season.
- Savannah Revelas, Sacred Heart, swimming — Broke 31-year-old SUNY Buffalo State pool record and reset own school record in 100 breaststroke with time of 1:09.57.
You can vote in the poll embedded below until noon Thursday.
Story topics: Prep Talk Athlete of the Week