A computer console used to program the historic 1907 Massey Memorial Pipe Organ at Chautauqua Institution was damaged by fire Tuesday.
The fire was likely caused by a short circuit, spokeswoman Emily Morris said.
"The full extent of the damage will not be known until our organ repair specialist is able to directly examine the console, but staff have determined the fire caused damage to the console’s computer or “motherboard,” Morris said.
The keyboards and wood casing were unharmed.
Earlier this year, a leak caused by melting ice and snow damaged the organ's ivory keyboards, stops and console, requiring emergency repairs before the start of the 2018 season.
The leak and fire both occurred in the new amphitheater, built after the controversial demolition of the 1893 venue in 2016.