After a track record of success in the city, the Buffalo Living Tour is taking its show on the road - to the suburbs.
For the first time, the tour of new residential apartment projects will be showcasing properties outside Buffalo, focusing on upscale developments in Lancaster, Clarence, Amherst and North Tonawanda.
The free tour, which will be held Saturday, Aug. 25, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., will include special events or attractions hosted by each of the six project owners.
Reservations are not required. Participants can join at any point on the tour, or take free We Care shuttles that will originate at the starting point at The Belvedere, located at 375 Harris Hill Road in Lancaster.
For more information, go to www.BuffaloLivingTour.net to download and print a pamphlet, tour guide and map. The color brochures will also be available at suburban coffee shops, restaurants, hotels and some retailers.
The tour includes:
- The Belvedere, a new senior "active adult living" community between Wehrle Drive and Genesee Street in Lancaster. Natale Development's project includes a heated outdoor pool and pool house, a putting green, an onsite fitness center, a billiard room, a nature path and a wooded area.
- Waterford Townhomes, at 9005 Calpin Parkway, off Roll Road in Clarence Center, with one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments. The pet-friendly complex includes a community room and a pool that is under development.
- Vinecroft Retirement Community, at 5945 Vinecroft Drive, near Transit Road, Clarence Center. The senior community is designed for those over age 62 who want independent living in the main building or on-site townhouses.
- Fayebrooke Senior Apartments at 1805 Maple Road, Amherst, near Transit Road and Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. The community features a lounge with a stone fireplace, a fitness room, a theater, and a courtyard patio, while the units have granite countertops and other luxury finishes.
- 4034 Rensch Road, near University at Buffalo's North Campus in Amherst. The project by Ellicott Development includes 12 new market-rate apartments with bistro-style kitchens, quartz countertops, stainless-steel appliances, in-unit laundry, and off-street parking.
- Remington Lofts on the Canal, at 184 Sweeney St. in North Tonawanda. Tony Kissling's redevelopment of a former factory on the Erie Canal has both one- and two-bedroom apartments.