The Palmer Centennial House, an arts-and-crafts-style home at 288 Lincoln Parkway, has been chosen as the 20th Decorators’ Show House to take place next spring, the Junior League of Buffalo has announced.
The three-story home was designed by architect Ulysses G. Orr in 1910 when the street was known as North Lincoln Boulevard. Highlights include a large first floor with multiple fireplaces, a sun room, original architectural details, more than 100 windows and a large lot with a pool.
William Palmer owned multiple floral shops in Buffalo and was one of the original group of founders in 1910 of Florists’ Telegraph Delivery, known today as FTD, according to the Junior League.
Decorators’ Show House is a biennial event co-sponsored by the Junior League and The Buffalo News. Since 1981, it has raised more than $4 million to benefit the Western New York community.
The Show House will be open to the public April 27 through May 19, after area interior decorators and craftsmen restore and transform it.
The August Feine House, in the heart of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus at 766 Ellicott Street, was the site of the 19th Decorators’ Show House and featured the work of more than 45 decorators and landscapers.
The house has been renamed the Russell J. Salvatore Hospitality House on the Kevin Guest House Campus. It is scheduled to open soon and will host patients and families traveling to Buffalo for medical care.
The Junior League selected the Westminster Economic Development Initiative to receive $215,000 raised from the 2017 Show House for the future expansion of WEDI’s West Side Bazaar.