An electric lineman for a telecommunications company was electrocuted Wednesday in Cattaraugus County, according to State Police.
James R. Fogg, 39, of Fairfield, Maine, was working for S.G. Communications, running cable television lines on Block Road in Yorkshire, when the incident was reported, State Police said.
An investigation revealed Fogg was in the basket of a bucket truck when he came into contact with a primary electric line, causing him to be exposed to high voltage, State Police said.
State Police arrived on the scene at about 4:36 p.m.
Delevan Emergency Medical Services performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation on Fogg, who was transported to Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, where he later died as result of his injuries, according to State Police.