Grab a bottled water and some walking shoes. Garden tour season has heated up. The following are scheduled for July 14 and/or July 15 (with one kicking off with an evening tour July 13).
• The City of Tonawanda Garden Walk is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14. A Friday Night Lights tour will take place from 9 to 11 p.m. July 13. Look for maps online and at city hall, the police department, the library and local businesses.
• The 14th annual Hamburg Garden Walk will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14 and 15. Maps will be available at the Memorial Park bandstand, Lake and Union streets. Vendors will be in the park both days.
• The 17th annual Samuel P. Capen Garden Walk is planned for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14 in the University District (South Campus) neighborhoods, with a Capen by Night from 8 to 10 p.m. that evening. Maps will be available online and until 4 p.m. at UB Anderson Gallery, 1 Martha Jackson Place, and until 10 p.m. at St. Andrew’s Church UHAA Sculpture Garden, 3107 Main St.
• The SCENe Garden Club Walk in Springville is set for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14. Headquarters is Fiddler’s Green Park Gazebo, Franklin and North Buffalo streets, Springville.
• Black Squirrel Home & Garden Walk is planned for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14. Maps and brochures can be picked up at 495 Portage Road, Niagara Falls.
• The 14th annual Lockport In Bloom will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14 and 15. A twilight tour is planned for 6:30 to 9 p.m. July 14. Information booths and maps will be available at Sweet Chalk Festival in the Municipal Lots at Pine and Main street in Lockport and the Lockport Community Gardens, North Adam and Market streets.
• The Pendleton Petal Pushers tour will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14. Maps will be available at 6670 Bear Ridge Road (one of the gardens) and Sisti Gallery North, 6535 Campbell Blvd.
* Visit GardensBuffaloNiagara.com for these and other local garden happenings – including the Open Gardens event taking place on Thursdays and Fridays in July.