The list of the Buffalo Sabres' decisions on their restricted free agents as of Monday's 5 p.m. EST deadline to extend qualifying offers:
Did not extend offers to:
- G Robin Lehner
- D Victor Antipin
- F Scott Wilson
Extended offers to (listing 2017-18 salary/2018-19 salary):
- F Justin Bailey $650,000/$715,000
- F Nick Baptiste $750,000/$787,500
- F Sean Malone $750,000/$787,500
- F Danny O’Regan $832,500/$874,125
- F Sam Reinhart $832,500/$874,125
- F C.J. Smith $832,500/$874,125
Qualifying offer formula: All contracts are for the 2018-19 season. Players receive a 10 percent raise if their NHL salary is equal or less than $660,000 in 2017-18, a 5 percent raise if their salary is $660,000 to $1 million or an equal salary if the player made $1 million or more.
General Manager Jason Botterill said Monday the team is negotiating a long-term extension with Reinhart and did not qualify Wilson to avoid arbitration but will look to re-sign him on Sunday, when unrestricted free agency opens.