Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Thursday
1. Girls lacrosse - Section VI championships
Much like the boys yesterday, the top two seeds in each class face off at Williamsville North for Section VI girls lacrosse titles.
- Class C: 1-Lake Shore vs. 2-Amherst, 3:30 p.m.
- Class D: 1-Eden vs. 2-Gowanda, 4 p.m.
- Class A: 1-Lancaster vs. 2-Orchard Park, 5:30 p.m.
- Class B: 1-Frontier vs. 2-Hamburg, 6 p.m.
2. Baseball - Georgetown Cup semifinals
St. Joe's and Canisius both forced game sevens with wins yesterday, which means today's winners earn spots in next week's Georgetown Cup finals at Coca-Cola Field.
- 3-St. Francis at 2-Canisius, 4 p.m. at Delaware Park
- 4-St. Mary's of Lancaster at 1-St. Joe's, 4:30 p.m.
3. Boys tennis - NYSPHSAA Championships
The state boys tennis championships at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Queens get underway Thursday at 8 a.m. with the first and second rounds. The quarterfinals and semifinals are Friday, while the finals are Saturday.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements