Get yourself ready for today's #PrepTalkLive action with everything you need to know about the day ahead in high school sports.
What to watch for Saturday
1. Track & field
Saturday is a huge day for local track and field action:
- WNY Girls Classic, 9 a.m. at Lancaster
- Carl J. Roesch Memorial Classic, 9 a.m. at Clarence
- Kenmore Invitational, 9 a.m. at Crosby Field
- Pioneer Invitational, 10 a.m.
- CCAA Pentathlon & Steeplechase, 10 a.m. at Olean
- All-Catholic Championships, 6 p.m. at St. Francis
2. Boys lacrosse - St. Joe's at Hamburg, 2 p.m.
No. 1 St. Joe's heads to No. 3 Hamburg for a huge nonleague matchup between powerhouse programs.
3. Baseball - Section VI postseason
There are 20 playoff games scheduled today between the Section VI Class A and B quarterfinals and the Class AA, C and D prequarterfinals.
A few ranked matchups from the Class B-1 bracket stand out:
- No. 4 small school Olean hosts No. 5 Tonawanda in a quarterfinal matchup. The seedings in the bracket are the same as the rankings in the poll.
- No. 1 small school 3-Fredonia hosts No. 8 6-Albion in another highly-ranked contest.
Games will be moved to Sunday if rain forces postponements.
4. Softball - Monsignor Martin semifinals
Canisius College is the site for today's Catholic playoffs:
- Sacred Heart vs. St. Mary's of Lancaster, 6 p.m.
- Mount Mercy vs. Nardin, 7:45 p.m.
The championship game is Sunday at 2 p.m. at Canisius.
5. Girls tennis - All-Catholic Championships
The first day of the Monsignor Martin finals starts at Chestnut Ridge Park. The second day of action is Sunday.
Today's schedule can be found at our high school scoreboard.
#PrepTalkLive updates: While we follow ALL the high school action via our Prep Talk team, we encourage YOU to also tweet updates from the games you are attending with the hashtag #PrepTalkLive attached.
* * *
* * *
Story topics: Homeroom Announcements