Ready for some plant shopping? Check out these sales organized by area garden clubs this weekend or next.
Depending on the sale, you may find annuals, perennials grown by club members, succulents, garden art and more. Sales benefit various civic organizations, programs, scholarships, etc.
Plant sales on May 19:
• Hamburg Garden Club: 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Hamburg Farmers Market, Village Municipal Parking Lot. Use entrances on Main and Union streets.
• Lewiston Garden Club: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lewiston Red Brick Gym, N. 4th and Onondaga streets.
• Lancaster Garden Club: 9 a.m. to noon, Save-A-Lot parking lot (corner Aurora Street and Pleasant Avenue). Ticketed auction also planned.
• Garden Friends of Clarence: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Clarence Town Park, large pavilion, 10405 Main St., Clarence. Soil testing by Cornell Cooperative Extension master gardeners. Click here for instructions.
• Countryside Garden Club of Elma: 9 a.m. to noon, 1910 Bowen Road (former Town Hall), across from the Elma Library.
• East Park Garden Club: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Grand Island Town Commons, 2275 Baseline Road, Grand Island.
In addition, the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens will open its Great Plant Sale to the public from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. May 18 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 19 in the administration building. Free admission.
Plant sale May 25-26:
• Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County (CCE Erie) Master Gardener Program: 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 25, and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 26, First Presbyterian Church of Buffalo, One Symphony Circle. Soil testing by master gardeners. Click here for instructions.
Plant sale May 26:
• Kenmore Garden Club has scheduled a plant and yard sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 26, 2703 Colvin Blvd.