Share this article

print logo

Electrical problem caused fire that destroys Walden Avenue corner store and apartments

A fire overnight Tuesday ripped through a building that contained a corner store and several apartment units, causing $450,000 in damage, Buffalo fire officials said.

The fire was reported at 243 Walden Ave., a 2-1/2 story building at the corner of Gittere Street.

No injuries or rescues were reported.

It was unclear whether the building was occupied.

The building was scheduled for an emergency demolition.

An electrical problem on the first floor caused the fire, said Buffalo Fire Investigation Unit Commander James Otwell.

There are no comments - be the first to comment