Share this article

print logo

Fire causes $70,000 damage to Chapel at CrossPoint in Lockport

A Lockport church Monday received $70,000 in damage after a fire that firefighters described as electrical in nature, according to the City of Lockport Fire Department.

No injuries were reported following the fire at The Chapel at CrossPoint, at 25 Walnut St., the Lockport Fire Department said.

Crews from the Lockport City Fire Department arrived on the scene at 10:17 a.m. and found a small amount of smoke emanating from the roof of the two-story, 15,000-square-foot building that formerly housed the St. Mary’s parish school, the fire department said.

Fire investigators determined that the fire started in a second floor hallway ceiling and was sparked by an electrical malfunction, the Lockport Fire department said.

The fire was extinguished about an hour after firefighters arrived, the fire department said.

Damage was estimated at $50,000 to the property and $20,000 to contents, the fire department said.

Story topics: / /

There are no comments - be the first to comment