Here's what the national media thought of the picks:
• NFL Network's Mike Mayock, a respected draft analyst, gave the Bills credit for being patient on a QB but called Allen a "project." He praised the Edmunds pick.
On Allen: I give them a lot of credit for being patient, not going all the way up to No. 2. They got their guy. Think about the culture in that locker room. This is their kind of player. He's got crazy arm talent. This issue with him: Sometimes he throws the ball late. I think he's a project.
On Edmunds: He's an off the ball linebacker and some people think he's so talented, he might even be a pass rusher on third down. His future is immense. He's got this rare size and skill set that gives him a sub-package versatility that is unknown in today's game.
• CBS' Pete Prisco loved the Bills' pick of Wyoming QB Josh Allen, giving it an A+. He gave the Bills a B+ for picking Tremaine Edmunds.
"They get the best QB in the draft," Prisco opined. "Love the trade, love the pick."
"He has a chance to grow into a special player," Prisco added of Edmunds. "Bills having a good draft."
• Aaron Schatz of analytics site Football Outsiders disagreed on Allen, saying he'd prefer Tyrod Taylor.
I would rather have Tyrod Taylor quarterbacking my team over the next four years than Josh Allen.
— Aaron Schatz 🏈 (@FO_ASchatz) April 27, 2018
• Yahoo! Sports did not care for the Allen pick.
"Allen has all the physical skill in the world. You’re still gambling on a guy who wasn’t first- or second-team all-Mountain West last season," Frank Schwab wrote. That’s a big risk, especially moving up."
"Taking Josh Allen over Josh Rosen is going to haunt the Bills for years," Nick Bromberg added.
• Bills great Jim Kelly seemed to like the Allen pick.
Welcome to Buffalo , love the way you play. Can’t wait to meet you. Congrats. 👍🙏🏈 @ Orchard… https://t.co/RhlWWo1R19
— Jim Kelly (@JimKelly1212) April 27, 2018
• Longtime NFL man Gil Brandt said the Bills got his sixth- and seventh-rated players.
The Bills drafted the No. 6 (Allen) and No. 7 (Edmunds) players on my Hot 150 list. Also two players I invited to the draft.https://t.co/IOVni4NdlP
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) April 27, 2018
• Pro Football Focus analyst Steve Palazzolo questioned the Allen pick, saying he is "deficient in the key areas."
— The MMQB (@theMMQB) April 27, 2018
• Walter Football loved the Bills' draft, giving them an A for both picks.
What a great job for the Bills. They wanted to trade up all along, but the problem was surrendering No. 22 or a 2019 first-round pick. They didn't want to give up either, and they didn't. They dealt their two second-rounders instead.
As for the actual player, it's nice to see that Josh Allen's actions from when he was 14 didn't impact his draft standing. Allen is raw, but he has great arm strength and mobility, which will work well in Buffalo. He also works very hard, so I think he'll be able to work on his accuracy woes.
• Bills corner Vontae Davis was shocked to see Edmunds and his brother Terrell drafted in the same year.
2 brothers in the first round & same draft 👀 @VernonDavis85 We thought we had great genetics INSANE‼️
— Vontae Davis (@vontaedavis) April 27, 2018