Site: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas.
Round 1: 8 p.m. Thursday; 10 minutes per selection.
Rounds 2-3: 7 p.m. Friday; 7 minutes per selection in Round 2, 5 minutes in Round 3.
Rounds 4-7: Noon Saturday; 5 minutes per selection in rounds 4-6, 4 minutes in Round 7.
A total of 253 selections will be made, including 32 compensatory selections awarded to 16 teams. Compensatory draft picks, which begin at the end of Round 3, may be traded.
TV & Radio: The draft will be televised nationally on ESPN/ESPN2, NFL Network, FOX and ABC. It can be heard on Westwood One Radio, SiriusXM NFL Radio and TuneIn Radio.
The Bills open with the draft with nine picks, including six in the first three rounds. That is among the most draft capital in the NFL.
Round 1: 12 (from Cincinnati) and 22 (from Kansas City)
Round 3: 65 (from Cleveland) and 96 (from Philadelphia)
Round 6: 187 (from Cincinnati)
PLAYERS INVITED TO THE DRAFT
Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
Sam Darnold, QB, USC
Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
Shaquem Griffin, LB, Central Florida
Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
Derwin James, S, Florida State
Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
Connor Williams, OT, Texas
Note: Among the players expected to be selected among the early first-round selections, Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield has opted not to attend. Last year, 22 prospects attended, including six of the top 10.
ALL ABOUT THE QB
The 2018 draft could set or match a number of records for quarterbacks drafted with high picks. Here is where the marks currently stand:
- Most QBs taken in Round 1: 6, 1983: John Elway (1), Todd Blackledge (7), Jim Kelly (14), Tony Eason (15), Ken O’Brien (24) and Dan Marino (27).
- Longest run on QBs to open a draft: 1-2-3 (twice): 1999 (Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith) and 1971 (Jim Plunkett, Archie Manning, Dan Pastorini).
- Most QBs drafted in the top 10: 3 (four times): 2012 (Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill), 2011 (Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert), 1999 and 1971.
- Most QBs drafted in the first two rounds: 6 (three times): 2011 (Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick), 1999 (Couch, McNabb, Smith, Daunte Culpepper, Cade McNown, Shaun King) and 1983.
- First-round QBs drafted since the 1970 merger in the Hall of Fame: 5: Troy Aikman, Elway, Kelly, Marino and Terry Bradshaw.
JE NE SAQUON
Penn State running back Saquon Barkley has scouts drooling with his explosiveness, but also seems to have the je ne sais quoi, the quality that eludes description. He draws comparisons to Adrian Peterson and is graded by NFL.com as a Pro Bowl-caliber player. He ran a 4.40-second 40-yard dash at the Combine and posted a 41.0-inch vertical jump, the best of any running back since 2000. Barkley is expected to go in the first five picks. Barkley already has had a terrific week following the birth of his first child.
If a player from Alabama is selected in the first round, it will make 10 consecutive drafts where the Crimson Tide placed a player in Round 1. Miami holds the record at 14 years, stretching from 1995-2008.
THE ODDS ARE …
Courtesy of the website BetSDI.com, some NFL draft prop bets include:
- Total number of Round 1 draft-day trades: Over/under 7.5.
- Length of Round 1: Over/under 4 hours.
- Number of NFL Draft invitees NOT selected in Round 1: Over/under 2.5.
- Will the No. 1 overall pick cry before greeting Roger Goodell? Yes +200, No -300.
- Will Giants WR Odell Beckham being included in a draft-day trade? Yes +350, No -600.
AND THE AWARDS GO TO ...
- Offensive Rookie of the Year: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State.
- Defensive Rookie of the Year: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama.
DRAFT TRADE CALCULATOR
Want to plot out what a trade up for the Bills could look like? Click below to play our draft pick trading simulator to see how teams might value any potential trade you plug in.